My main transceiver for all bands is a Elecraft K3 Serial # 5776. I imported the transceiver direct from the U.S.A with following options:
- K3 100W Transceiver – Assembled
- KAT3-F K3 ATU Factory Installed
- KTCXO3-1 K3 TCXO 1ppm f/w correction to 0.5 ppm
- KXCVA RX Ant., IF Out and Xverter Interface
- KFL3A-2.8_2.7 2.8 for 2.7 KHz Swap
- KFL3B-FM FM-bandwith, 8-pole roofing filter
- KBF3 K3 General Coverage RX Module
- KDVR3 K3 Digital Voice Recorder
A note using the K3 with a sequencer and a transverter: I use the Elecraft K3 as my IF radio with transverter. Elecraft provides a TX INHIBIT line at pin-7 on the ACC jack. One must chose either INHIB = HI or INHIB= LO in the K3 menu to turn it on. I use the HI option and to hold the transmitter OFF using a +5v control voltage from the final stage of my sequencer. Using inhibit, I am able to key the radio PTT by normal means such as mic-PTT or RS-232 from a computer or how I do it via my Microham Microkeyer III
For my main operating band 2m I use a high quality transverter ME2HT-PRO made by HA1YA.
- Frequency Coverage: 144.0-146.0MHz band.
- IF in/out Frequency : 28.0-30.0MHz
- RX front-end : <0.8dB NF,overall NF typ 1.0dB,OIP3 typ 35dBm ,IIP3 typ.+10dBm ! PGA-103+ front end
- RX RF mixer : HJK-3H+ (IP3 >37dBm!)
- RX overall gain : Typ 25dB variable
- IF rejection : >85dB
- Power Output: 60W
- 0.5ppm TCXO ( AXTAL)
You have to set up the IF level of the transverter look at the service page of the transverter : ME2T-PRO-II & ME2HT-PRO-II Setup before first operation
Since April 2018 I operate a BEKO PA the best state of the art amplifier. This PA is stable as a rock at maximum power.
Another important part of my system on 144 MHz is a preamplifier/LNA made by HA8ET. I use the same preamplifier/LNA for my 6m system.
- Frequency range:144-146 MHz
- Input/Output impedance: 50 Ω
- Gain: 14 – 20 dB (adjustable)
- Noise Figure <0,6 dB (typ. 0,5)
additional station accessory is a Microham Microkeyer 3
micro KEYER III™ is the world first and the only amateur radio USB interface featuring high dynamic range, 24-bit audio processing chain on all signal stages. It is the most powerful single radio All-In-One USB interface and the only USB interface to fully support digital and voice operation including microphone switching in one box. Tested on EME and Tropo FT8 with WSJT+MSHV and had on EME more -33dB decodes than before because of the excellent build in sound card with a extremely low noise floor: as low <10uV effective.